Fibrous, Cartilaginous, and Synovial Joints
1. Use key responses to identify the joint types described below.
1. fibers connecting the tibia and fibula
2. includes joints between the vertebral bodies and the pubic symphysis
3. found in the epiphyseal plate
4. sutures are memorable examples
5. characterized by cartilage connecting the bony portions
6. all characterized by a fibrous articular capsule lined with a synovial membrane surrounding a joint cavity
7. all are freely movable or diarthrotic
8. bone regions united by dense regular connective tissue
9. include the hip, knee, and elbow joints
2. Describe the tissue type and function of the following structures in relation to a synovial joint, and label the structures indicated by leader lines in the diagram. Use an appropriate reference if needed.
3. Match the synovial joint categories in column B with their descriptions in column A. Some terms may be used more than once.
joint between the axis and atlas
2. hip joint
3. intervertebral joints (between articular processes)
4. joint between forearm bones and wrist
6. interphalangeal joints
7. intercarpal joints
8. joint between talus and tibia/fibula
9. joint between skull and vertebral column
10. joint between jaw and skull
11. joints between proximal phalanges and metacarpal bones
12. a multiaxial joint
4. Indicate the number of planes in which each joint can move.
uniaxial joints biaxial joints multiaxial joints
5. What characteristics do all joints have in common?
Selected Synovial Joints
6. Which joint, the hip or the knee, is more stable?
Name two important factors that contribute to the stability of the hip joint.
Name two important factors that contribute to the stability of the knee.
7. The diagram shows a frontal section of the hip joint. Identi%r its major structural elements by using the key letters.
a. acetabular labrum
b. articular capsule
c. articular cartilage
d. head of femur
e. hip bone
f. joint cavity
g. ligament of the head of the femur
8. The shoulder joint is built for mobility. List four factors that contribute to the large range of motion at the shoulder:
9. In which direction does the shoulder usually dislocate?
Movements Allowed by Synovial Joints
10. Which letter of the adjacent diagram marks the origin of the muscle? Which letter marks the insertion?
Insert the words origin and insertion into the following sentence:
During muscle contraction, the moves toward the
11. Complete the descriptions below the diagrams by inserting the type of movement in each
Of the upper limb of the lower limb
(g) Of the head
12. What structural joint changes are common to the elderly?
13. Define the following terms.
Of the upper limb
(h) Of the forearm
14. What types of tissue damage might you expect to find in a dislocated joint?
Why Choose Us
Top quality papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional academic writers
We have hired a team of professional writers experienced in academic and business writing. Most of them are native speakers and PhD holders able to take care of any assignment you need help with.
If you feel that we missed something, send the order for a free revision. You will have 10 days to send the order for revision after you receive the final paper. You can either do it on your own after signing in to your personal account or by contacting our support.
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & confidential
We use several checkers to make sure all papers are plagiarism-free and do not share them with third parties.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
You are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper. Our academic experts will gladly help you with essays, case studies, research papers and other assignments.
Admission help & business writing
You can be positive that we will be here 24/7 to help you get accepted to the Master’s program at the TOP-universities or help you get a well-paid position.
Editing your paper
Our academic writers and editors will help you submit a well-structured and organized paper just on time. We will ensure that your final paper is of the highest quality and absolutely free of mistakes.
Editing your paper