United States and Republic of the Philippines Negotiate on Re-establishment of Joint Special Operations Task Force – Philippines (JSOTF-P) to Combat Transnational Terrorist Groups
• Research Question: As a result of continued transnational terrorist threats and support for threat groups caused by violent extremist organizations, the Abu Sayyaf Group (ASG) in the surrounding region of the Southern Philippines, should INDOPACOM consider negotiating the re-establishment of the Joint Special Operations Task Force-Philippines (JSOTF-P) with Republic of the Philippines?
• Research Thesis: In the face of continued transnational terrorist threat and support for threat groups and to better promote global/regional stability, peace, and strong alliance with Republic of the Philippines, INDOPACOM must consider negotiating the re-establishment of the Joint Special Operations Task Force-Philippines (JSOTF-P). This thesis is supported by 3 primary arguments:
1. REDUCED TRANSNATIONAL TERRORISTS THREAT: The enemy initiated attacks in ASG’s primary areas of operations declined 55% from 2000-2012. The U.S. State Department annual reports estimate that the ASG declines from more than 2,200 to 400 armed members.
2. INCREASED PHILIPPINE ARMED FORCES CAPABILITIES: From 2001-2014, the Philippine Armed Forces increased their capabilities at the tactical, operational, and institutional levels. U.S. SOF contributed to this increased capability by providing training, advice and assistance to Philippine Armed Forces units at all echelons.
3. ENHANCED U.S.-PHILIPPINES DEFENSE TIES: U.S. SOF effort likely contributed to strengthened U.S. – Armed Forces of the Philippines relations. U.S. military officials noted the experience of continued U.S. assistance under OEF-P also likely diminished the Filipinos previous concerns regarding the U.S. military presence in the Philippines.
• Research Importance: After JSOTF-P ended its mission in the Republic of the Philippines in 2014, transnational terrorist groups continued to cause threat and regional instability in the southern Philippines. For 14 years, U.S. SOF provided robust types of operational assistance as a critical component of Foreign Internal Defense (FID), that includes training, equipping and advisory activities in accordance with established rules of engagement. Re-establishment of JOSTF-P may be able to sustain the comprehensive approach to ensure violent extremist organizations don’t regain a foothold in the region.
• Research Approach: I will establish evidence for three key points based on historic evidence: transnational terrorist threat and support for threat groups, regional stability, and strong alliance with Republic of the Philippines. I will touch on issues that could occur if we do not sustain the Armed Forces of the Philippines’ capabilities through FID. I will also use examples of increasing presence of transnational terrorists throughout INDOPACOM and potential threats that the U.S. may have to face in the future to explain why we need to sustain Armed Forces of the Philippines capabilities.
• Key References:
Why Choose Us
Top quality papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional academic writers
We have hired a team of professional writers experienced in academic and business writing. Most of them are native speakers and PhD holders able to take care of any assignment you need help with.
If you feel that we missed something, send the order for a free revision. You will have 10 days to send the order for revision after you receive the final paper. You can either do it on your own after signing in to your personal account or by contacting our support.
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & confidential
We use several checkers to make sure all papers are plagiarism-free and do not share them with third parties.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
You are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper. Our academic experts will gladly help you with essays, case studies, research papers and other assignments.
Admission help & business writing
You can be positive that we will be here 24/7 to help you get accepted to the Master’s program at the TOP-universities or help you get a well-paid position.
Editing your paper
Our academic writers and editors will help you submit a well-structured and organized paper just on time. We will ensure that your final paper is of the highest quality and absolutely free of mistakes.
Editing your paper