For this assignment, create a PowerPoint presentation based on the following case studies.
Read the following two Case Studies and answer the questions presented.
African-American Case Study #2 – Mr. and Mrs. Evans
1. Describe the organizational structure of this family and identify strengths and
limitations of this family structure.
2. Describe and give examples of what you believe to be the family’s values about
3. Discuss this family’s views about child rearing.
4. Discuss the role that spirituality plays in this family.
5. Identify two religious or spiritual practices in which members of the Evans family may engage for treating hypertension, diabetes, and mental illness.
6. Identify and discuss cultural views that Dorothy and her parents may have about mental illness and medication.
7. To what extent are members of the Evans family at risk for illnesses associated with environmental hazards?
8. Susan has decided to become an organ donor. Describe how you think the Evans family will respond to her decision.
9. Discuss views that African Americans have about advanced directives.
10. Name two dietary health risks for African Americans.
11. Identify five characteristics to consider when assessing the skin of African Americans.
12. Describe two taboo views that African Americans may have about pregnancy.
Appalachian Case Study #1 – William and Gloria Kapp Questions:
1. Describe the migration patterns of Appalachians over the last 50 years.
2. Discuss issues related to autonomy in the workforce for Appalachians.
3. Identify high-risk behaviors common in the Appalachian region.
4. Describe barriers to health care for people living in Appalachia.
5. What might the nurse or physician do to encourage Mrs. Kapp to comply with her prescription regimen?
6. What would your advice be regarding each of the home remedies that Mrs. Kapp is taking? Would you encourage or discourage her from continuing them?
7. What might the nurse have done to help ensure that Ruth would make the appointments for herself and her daughter?
8. What advice would you give Ruth regarding the home remedies that she and her daughter are currently taking? Would you encourage or discourage their use?
9. Do you think Mrs. Kapp will return for her appointment next week? Why? What would you do if she did not return for her appointment?
10. Do you think that Ruth will make and keep appointments for herself and her daughter?
11. What would you do to encourage Mr. Kapp to consent to a health
12. What additional services could you suggest to assist the Kapp family at this time?
13. What additional follow-up do you consider essential for the Kapp family?
14. What advice would you give Ruth regarding her daughter’s frequent bouts of diarrhea?
Your presentation should be 8-10 slides (not including title, objectives, and references slides) with detailed notes for each slide. No audio recording is required. Be sure to completely answer all the questions. Use clear headings that allow your professor to know which bullet you are addressing on the slides in your presentation. Support your content with citations throughout your presentation. Make sure to reference the citations using the APA writing style for the presentation. Include a slide for your references at the end.
Follow best practices for PowerPoint presentations by going to the Writing and Resource center, Module 3: Assignments, Microsoft, and utilize the Microsoft Overview and the Creating a Quality PowerPoint video.
Length: 8-10 slides; answers must thoroughly address the questions in a clear, concise manner.
Title slide (1 slide)
African-American Case Study #2: at least 3 slides
Appalachian Case Study #1: at least 3 slides
References (1 slide)
References: Use the appropriate APA style in-text citations and references for all resources utilized to answer the questions. Include scholarly sources to support your claims
Why Choose Us
Top quality papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional academic writers
We have hired a team of professional writers experienced in academic and business writing. Most of them are native speakers and PhD holders able to take care of any assignment you need help with.
If you feel that we missed something, send the order for a free revision. You will have 10 days to send the order for revision after you receive the final paper. You can either do it on your own after signing in to your personal account or by contacting our support.
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & confidential
We use several checkers to make sure all papers are plagiarism-free and do not share them with third parties.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
You are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper. Our academic experts will gladly help you with essays, case studies, research papers and other assignments.
Admission help & business writing
You can be positive that we will be here 24/7 to help you get accepted to the Master’s program at the TOP-universities or help you get a well-paid position.
Editing your paper
Our academic writers and editors will help you submit a well-structured and organized paper just on time. We will ensure that your final paper is of the highest quality and absolutely free of mistakes.
Editing your paper