thics Evaluation Paper Instructions
Your project is to perform an Ethics Analysis on the problem Law Enforcement Agencies Body-worn Camera Policy, which is from the attached Memo I wrote (revised and developed) using Garofalo and Geuras’ four step process as Dr Bittick instructed, referencing the required textbook and Dr Bittick’s video lectures and slides. Focus on one aspect of Law Enforcement Agencies Body-worn Camera Policy in the paper.
Length: 14+ pages in addition to the Executive Summary, Works Cited, & Attachment pages.
Font: Times New Roman or similar font, 12 pt.
Citation: APA style using the parenthetical method of documentation only.
Format: Title page; Numbered pages; Double spaced; 1” margins; provide headings and subheadings as indicated in the “Class Paper Outline,” below.
Class Paper Outline
I. Executive Summary: Must be ONLY 1 page. [NOTE: you must write this section last]
• State the problem in a concise statement, and the actual or recommended decision, including the decision maker(s) identified from the first paper in explicit language;
• State the methods of analysis used in this paper;
• Very briefly summarize each step in this ethical analysis;
• State your final recommendation(s).
II. Body: [12 pages]
Part A. Basic Policy Analysis: [» 2 pages]
• Problem Definition / Define & Detail the problem:
o Problem Statement: provide the final, concise problem statement;
▪ Five “Whys” and/or Cause and Effect diagram
o Spatial-Temporal Domain: state the spatial-temporal domain in which the problem exists (Boundaries of the Problem);
o Demographics and Magnitude of the Problem: state the population demographics within the stated domain & the magnitude of the problem; and,
o compare with other domains (if possible).
• Set Criteria: explain the four criteria prioritized in order of importance:
o Feasibility, Political, Economic, and Administrative – about 1-2 sentences to a paragraph each.
▪ For political criteria, reference Paper #1 identifying who should be the decision makers(s) and whether this is compatible with the actual decision maker(s) (about a paragraph).
o Identify Solution(s) – explain either:
▪ the actual or recommended solution being analyzed, and why this does or does not meet the above criteria; or,
▪ one or two possible solutions, and how the best solution meets the above criteria.
Part B. Ethical Evaluation: [8+ pages]
• Apply Garofalo and Geuras’ 4 Step model to analyze the recommendation from Part I, using the following criteria (in order):
A. Virtue/Character: [» 2 pages] explain, reference, and apply Aristotle’s criteria to this problem by identifying the goal, extremes to avoid, and how a solution may or may not be one of the critical virtue(s), i.e. habits, that a person/organization must develop to reach this goal. Supplement by works by Machiavelli (leadership character) only as needed.
B. Teleology/Consequences: [» 2 pages] explain, reference, and apply Bentham and Mill’s criteria regarding the Greatest Good criteria.
C. Deontology/Principles: [» 2 pages] explain, reference, and apply Kant’s Categorical Imperative and Formula for the End in Itself.
D. Intuitionism/Moral Sense: [» 1 page] state what it is about the solution(s) that stirs your moral conscience, not necessarily your emotions.
• Final Recommendation: [2+ pages]
• Identify whether the adopted solution passed the ethical criteria, or which proposed solution would better pass the ethical criteria.
Part C. Conclusion: [» 1 page]
III. Works Cited: [APA format]
IV. Attachments: [not required; does not count toward the 14+ page length]
• Do not include these in the body of your paper if their inclusion causes your paper to exceed the page limit.
Why Choose Us
Top quality papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional academic writers
We have hired a team of professional writers experienced in academic and business writing. Most of them are native speakers and PhD holders able to take care of any assignment you need help with.
If you feel that we missed something, send the order for a free revision. You will have 10 days to send the order for revision after you receive the final paper. You can either do it on your own after signing in to your personal account or by contacting our support.
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & confidential
We use several checkers to make sure all papers are plagiarism-free and do not share them with third parties.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
You are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper. Our academic experts will gladly help you with essays, case studies, research papers and other assignments.
Admission help & business writing
You can be positive that we will be here 24/7 to help you get accepted to the Master’s program at the TOP-universities or help you get a well-paid position.
Editing your paper
Our academic writers and editors will help you submit a well-structured and organized paper just on time. We will ensure that your final paper is of the highest quality and absolutely free of mistakes.
Editing your paper