watch the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2ch0-YvzgY
(1) According to the video, what is an objection to an argument? (1-2 sentences)
(2) According to the video, what is the difference between an objection to an argument and an argument against another argument’s conclusion? (2-3 sentences)
(3) According to the video, what is the difference between a premise-challenger type of objection and an inference-challenger type of objection? (2-3 sentences)
Part II. For each of the following arguments, do the following:
(i) summarize the argument in standard form
(ii) make two objections: a premise-challenger and an inference-challenger. Make the strongest objections that you can.
(iii) NOTE: If you find you’re having trouble making a strong objection of a certain type, try to say why you’re having trouble. (Hint: You will have trouble making objections of certain kinds to some of these arguments.)
(1) We should get a cat rather than a dog because we’re not home enough to walk a dog.
(2) Philadelphia is no longer the capital of the United States, so Congress must meet elsewhere.
(3) The woman in the hat is not a witch since witches have long noses and she doesn’t have a long nose.
(4) Dissecting creatures in the biology classroom teaches students that animal life is expendable and unimportant. Also a recent study showed that certain companies who supply these creatures are careless of the suffering and pain inflicted on them. Furthermore, there are good alternatives available now in computer simulations, which teach the lessons taught by dissection just as well. So for all these reasons we should no longer use dissection of animals to teach students in the biology classroom.
Why Choose Us
Top quality papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional academic writers
We have hired a team of professional writers experienced in academic and business writing. Most of them are native speakers and PhD holders able to take care of any assignment you need help with.
If you feel that we missed something, send the order for a free revision. You will have 10 days to send the order for revision after you receive the final paper. You can either do it on your own after signing in to your personal account or by contacting our support.
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & confidential
We use several checkers to make sure all papers are plagiarism-free and do not share them with third parties.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
You are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper. Our academic experts will gladly help you with essays, case studies, research papers and other assignments.
Admission help & business writing
You can be positive that we will be here 24/7 to help you get accepted to the Master’s program at the TOP-universities or help you get a well-paid position.
Editing your paper
Our academic writers and editors will help you submit a well-structured and organized paper just on time. We will ensure that your final paper is of the highest quality and absolutely free of mistakes.
Editing your paper