Assignment 3: Public Administrative Environments /Managing People through Change
Due Week 8 and worth 280 points
The City Manager has hired you as the Chief of Staff for your local government and has contacted you regarding the following issues concerning various governmental departments and external stakeholders:
In the past year, citizen, department, and outside stakeholder complaints have been filed against the Department of Health administrators. Such complaints cited unprofessional leadership, unethical practices, insufficient customer and patient care, poor fire and emergency response time, and inability to implement change and resolve conflict within and amongst subordinates and staff. The Department of Health is composed of the following agencies:
· Social Services,
· Fire and Emergency Management, and
· Human Services.
The School Board has a collaborative relationship with various government departments. In the last two (2) months, the School Board has charged department directors with failure to work collaboratively with the School Board on its efforts to:
· Meet federal mandates regarding reformation of new policy issues that will impact the leadership of the Department of Redevelopment and Housing, the State Department of Education, and the State Department of Housing and Urban Development.
· Support the academic leadership of secondary school principals by providing specific student data from the Department of Juvenile Relations, in an attempt to improve student retention and performance toward increasing graduation rates.
Note: You may create and / or make all necessary assumptions needed for the completion of this assignment.
Write a seven to eight (7-8) page paper in which you address the following:
1. What would you do to deal with scenarios 1 and 2 as Chief of Staff? Provide a rationale to support your response.
2. What policies and practices would you change? Recommend one (1) specific leadership theory and two (2) public leader styles that would be most beneficial for the School Board in addressing the issues presented. Provide a rationale for your response.
3. Determine the essential manner in which the leadership from the Department of Public Health, the School Board, and the various other government departments impact the leadership of the City Manager and his or her ability to carry out government operations.
4. What would you do to lead the local government unit moving forward?
5. Include at least four (4) peer-reviewed references (no more than 6 months old) from material outside the textbook. Note: Appropriate peer-reviewed references include scholarly articles and government websites. Wikipedia, other wikis, and any other websites ending in anything other than “.gov” do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
· Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
· Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
Why Choose Us
Top quality papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional academic writers
We have hired a team of professional writers experienced in academic and business writing. Most of them are native speakers and PhD holders able to take care of any assignment you need help with.
If you feel that we missed something, send the order for a free revision. You will have 10 days to send the order for revision after you receive the final paper. You can either do it on your own after signing in to your personal account or by contacting our support.
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & confidential
We use several checkers to make sure all papers are plagiarism-free and do not share them with third parties.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
You are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper. Our academic experts will gladly help you with essays, case studies, research papers and other assignments.
Admission help & business writing
You can be positive that we will be here 24/7 to help you get accepted to the Master’s program at the TOP-universities or help you get a well-paid position.
Editing your paper
Our academic writers and editors will help you submit a well-structured and organized paper just on time. We will ensure that your final paper is of the highest quality and absolutely free of mistakes.
Editing your paper